Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Something interesting

Something for the linguists, biblical scholars or just normal people like me to enjoy.

There's something just plain amazing about the language used in the Bible. Not only is it extremely beautiful and poetic in translated English, but the original languages include word play and other linguistic tricks that make the Bible truly the greatest book ever written.

Nothing against Ezekial, but I've been noticing over the past couple days as the readings have been from Ezekial how impactful some of the language is and how truly filled with emotion it is. This book is no dry religious text.

No comments: