Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Monday, June 18, 2012

Changes

Things change, people change, changes change. All things change, as one of the pre-socratic philosophical camps asserted. I have been away from this blog for quite a while, dealing with some pretty substantial changes in my life, least of which was finals in Rome and returning to the USA. All this change has put my mind to a lot of work, not all of it helpful to reflections on blogs. I haven't been doing quite enough reading for my mind to find things to reflect on other than personal happiness and the blessings of God (but you don't want to hear about that, do you?) In any case, I hope to start up again. My thoughts aren't nearly important enough to have a blog all to their own, so I'm letting in another contributor to help spice things up and perhaps to spread a little happiness like she likes to do. She is, like me, an architecture student and a Catholic and a darn'd good both.

Hopefully this will be a welcome change to all and that the Third Order, the voice of a lay Catholic, will now be the voice of two.

These pages are just our reflections on life, the universe and everything. We are not trying to expose heresy or create an atmosphere of division, but hopefully we can help anyone who reads find the True Answer. 

No comments: