Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reasons to sing

I sing:
  • Because the 12 notes of the chromatic scale arranged in a simple melody is able to evoke myriad emotions in an intelligible, mathematical manner
  • Because music is related to architecture
  • Because music is what speech would be if we didn't stop every word so soon.
  • Because music can express nature
  • Because I like how it feels
  • Because that is how I praise God
  • Because I am happy
  • Because I'm free
You can tell I'm in a somewhat weird mood because I'm posting Audrey Assad again.

No comments: