Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Funny how that works.

One of my regular blogs that I peruse, Seraphic Singles, has recently gone through a major renovation. While before the background was a pleasant but rather feminine powder blue, it is now a striking and particularly girly pink with faint stripes. Along with the color change, the main addition is the Swashbuckling Protector, a picture of a man which the author is sure will scare away the manly men who snoop on the blog.

Of course, this includes me.

The content hasn't changed, so I'm not really too much in the mood to stop reading the blog. What's funny is the effect that saying explicitly "Go away men. This should stop you" has on people. When someone tries to stop me from doing something, I generally try to avoid stopping, unless it's, you know, sinful. I think it might have to do with being a choleric or a man or both. Put a challenge in my way and I'll engage it.

Of course, out of respect to the author and her readers, I will refrain from commenting on the blog, since that is apparently not desired. However, putting a picture of a man that's supposed to scare away other men is the best way to get men interested in staying.

At least that's how I see.

Needless to say, much amused.

3 comments:

Ciska said...

I read Seraphic Singles through Google Reader, so I hadn't noticed the changes. It's a bit odd that she wants to scare away men though, because every now and then she asks her male readers for input.

Nate said...

I agree that is doesn't quite seem in keeping with past blogging habits, but whatever the case, it's a great blog. It's hard to keep men away from a public blog like that, especially when the subject is often, you guessed it, men.

Ok, so we're narcissistic. What else is new? ;)

Tina said...

I was wondering if you were still reading it :) Perhaps Seraphic decided that we needed "girl time" (and the subjects she addresses are very much "girl time" subjects), but I am not sure why she thinks the internet is the best place for that. Also, I must say that if I had the opportunity to read a Totally Awesome Catholic Man's blog on similar subjects, I think I would take the opportunity. As a side note, I think the Swashbuckling Protector is just a really odd idea...