Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Golden

It's been quite a week so far. In truth, I'm counting this past Saturday as the beginning of the week. The strange thing about architecture school is that it messes with your schedule in so many ways. For instance, most college students have homework to work on during the weekend. I had none. What I did instead I'll get to in a second. Another proof that architecture is a weird world is that this coming Sunday is the deadline for our project. This of course means that the normal college weekend activities of Partying and Carousing have to take place...in studio. With drafting tools in hand. It also means that Sunday will most likely not be a day of rest in the strict sense.

Except for those of us who relax by constructing golden sections, Euclidian geometries, and similar things. The fact that I do this for fun may come as no surprise. In fact, I may have mentioned is at some point. I wouldn't know since I forget what I write on this blog as soon as I write it.

Anyway, I have nothing deep to say about golden sections or my love of geometry. I could come up with something, but I'll just let it stand.

No comments: