Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Falling in Love...again

It's hard to describe the feelings I went through tonight. It's like everything was turned upside down. Everything that seemed to drag me down suddenly lifted me up. I saw everything I saw with new eyes. It's as if something inside me had changed. Maybe it did.

This happens when people fall in love, I'm pretty sure. Of course, since it's never happened to me, I wouldn't know.

Whatever the case, I am certainly in some sort of love. The only way I can think of it is that I'm in love with life again. Maybe even Life. It's been a while since the deep purply blue night sky in Rome could do to me what it did tonight. In fact, I'd say it's never done it before. Never have ugly apartments (worse than fascist, and that's saying something) filled my heart with wonder. I realized tonight that all I really want to do is look at and sketch buildings and cities, painting as I go, designing, working with Geometry and toiling away. It seems like such a dead life.

It's not. It's a work of love. It's a work of creation. I fell in love tonight perhaps. Once more I am sure that what I am doing is the right thing and thank God I'm in Rome. I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world right now.

2 comments:

Ink said...

I understand completely. Even the most heinous Brutalist buildings are starting to become interesting to me. Enjoy Rome. It's the best place to be in love.

Nate said...

They don't call it Romance for nothing.

Speaking of which...if you're ever here for Lent, do the station churches. Best thing EVER.