Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Sunday, November 13, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

Coming up is Advent, and I'm sure most of you know that that is my favorite liturgical season ever in the whole wide world. I will most likely be blogging as much as I can 'cause I tend to think a lot during Advent. However, I have decided on a new year's resolution (liturgical new year). I am going to not blog and not check any blogs for the 12 days of Christmas (Christmas to Epiphany). I want to urge everyone in the blogging community to do the same. Let us see of the world goes on without us for 12 days. I bet it can. All those horrible things that happen on the internet can chill out on their own while we celebrate the birth of our Savior. So, any of you who read this, pass it along. I think it would be cool to have a Catholic Blogosphere Blackout. Really show where our priorities are.

No comments: