Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Broken Stones

Is your heart a cobbled ancient road?
Who can fill in the cracks that catch our toes
That catch our loves, our broken loves.

We are walking can’t seem to find the stop
Our life is a fermata that seems to sing
We want to find the sign, start from the top
But we seem to have forgotten everything.

Is your soul a free bird with license?
Who is singing the song of your life?
It is sparrows, no mourning doves.

Is your mind a broken architrave?
Who then is left to lift the beams of life?
Who’s strong enough to reform it?

As dust swirls around our tired heads
We need an open window, mercy, light
To catch the dust to transform it.

No comments: