Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Monday, June 6, 2011

Will you please translate that for me?

So, Rome approved of a new translation for the Missale Romanum a while back. Not to be terribly controversial, but I'm looking forward to it. I will not spend my time here defending it. Too many other places have done so almost ad nauseum. Instead I will just say that there needs to be new settings for the Mass parts, 'cause the old ones use the old translation.

Last night, I started writing one of my own. I hope I'm not just being another David Haas or Marty Haugen. Well, as the French say: c'est la vie!

No comments: