Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Thursday, May 5, 2011

In Biblioteca

We are in the Library. The funny thing about that is that it really seems like nothing new. This has been the semester for most of us, though not for me. However, whatever the case, it is study days. I have not written for quite a while, besides a couple live blogs which are basically inconsequentially, though the Wedding is quite funny. I have had the busiest last two weeks of my life. I once again sang Holy Week here at Notre Dame with the Liturgical Choir. Then on Easter Monday night I had an intense discussion with Ricky about architecture. It deserves its own post, so I won't give it away. However, we were up til 3 (I should have actually been working on my project, but it all worked out). Anyway, another late night after the Triduum was intense. I then redesigned by floor plan the next day based on our discussion and so basically started over with my drawings. It turned out pretty good, got rave reviews etc. However, I got sick so I was hacking and coughing etc. while trying to finish. It was unpleasant. One of the good thing is that over the last two weeks I have gotten to know a lot of people better, specifically Fredo, Cecilio, Roxane, Georgia and Belle. Who knew? God always throws the least likely things at you and expects you to like them. Inevitably, you do. Or at least I do. Whenever I have a week of down, it is followed by something like two weeks of up. or more accurately, it is a mixture and then the good comes through. Ok, well I'll be back to talk about architectural educational theory and urbanism. Ciao for now!

No comments: