Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Small Workings of Providence

Today, after Psychology class, I headed, atypically, toward Geddes Hall. I thought to myself "Well, I'll just go up to the fourth floor where the Center for Ethics and Culture is and see if anyone I know is up there. Plus, I've heard it is a really dismal place." Well, I crossed the grass between the Library and Geddes and was joined by Leo (who is in Liturgical Choir with me) and we entered the building together. As he stopped by the chapel and I headed toward the elevator, he called out "Midday Prayer, five minutes." I said to myself, "Hmm, that's interesting, cause that sounds like something I'd like." Well, I went up to the fourth floor and it was basically abandoned. And dismal. So I went back down. As I passed the chapel, I thought I would enter it and join in this Midday Prayer going on. Although I didn't have a breviary, I went in. There were a couple people there already, and a few more joined in the following minutes. I shared a book with a couple guys and we prayed the Hour and then went on to Lunch at North Dining Hall.

I found out that they do this at Geddes every Monday Wednesday and Friday and in Alumni Chapel on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I had just been looking for this. It's amazing that at Notre Dame there is such a Catholic Culture present, but so often the different groups don't unite. This is a problem with the intellectual side of things as well as the devotional and liturgical side. It was great to hang out with some of the people that I know that I don't generally hang out with and who are quite as serious about the Faith as I am, just with a slightly different face. I hope that soon the different movements at ND may be united, and if I am to help in that, bring it on.

No comments: