Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baking is a science, but cooking is an art....

Only is Art means that you don't have to have any specific rules and a science means you have to follow the recipe or else God Knows What Happens.

Anyway, I baked two pies today for Thanksgiving. I've been saying it that way, with the emphasis on the first syllable this year. Kind of odd. Never done that before. I'll put up pictures of the pies soon enough, if I am resourceful enough to take them.

I started to read the Silmarilion in Earnest last night. I started it as a ten year old, or something, and there's this thing that happens after half a lifetime that changes how you view things. This is a case in Point. The reason I picked it up again was a) Charles was reading it at the insistence of Caramel (have I mentioned these two are an Item this semester? It really offers us great Frivolity and Amusement.) and b) I used the opening chapter for my paper that I presented at the Center for Ethics and Culture Conference last weekend.

I helped my mother and father move Mrs. P's stove out and move a new one in today, which involved returning to my former place of employment, Tudor Oaks Retirement Community. They've been working on a renovation for some time, and they're close to completing it. I will, God Willing, post a post about the architecture. I described is thus "There are some problems, but it looks nice" And by that I mean that there are parts that are pleasant looking, but all in all, not a well done design.

I showed my siblings the baby monkey song. If you have not seen it, you must. Now.

I will be leaving tomorrow for Blaine/Apple Valley Minnesota to Gloat about the Packers Skewering the Vikings to my Relatives eat Thanksgiving Dinner. That will be fun.

Oh, and on the subject of controversy, if there's any that you're interested in, you might want to go straight to the primary source, look at the grammar, examine the antecedents etc. You will find that controversy is really often unnecessary, as some have already realized. That is all.

Hopefully further posting forthcoming.

Ta ta.

No comments: