Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Reluctant Atheist

So, I recently found this blog and it's a fascinating read. I've found a new way to waste time, which it really too bad. I think.

2 comments:

Benedict Girl said...

As long as the time is wasted in the eyes of the world, it generally means coming closer to God! :) I read your story on "Conversion Diary" so I'll prolly be following your blog from time to time. I was also home schooled and am a cradle catholic. It's funny how instead of specific books, we cradle catholics mention authors. This is sort of inevitable if we 'devour' the written word, haha

Though I confess I'm still stuck on Scott Hahn and St. Thomas.

In Christ-

Nate said...

I've never really read Scott Hahn, but I'm taking a class on St. Thomas this semester and it is addicting.