Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Btreak

It's that time of year again. Last year I was in no way looking forward to coming home. In fact, I complained about being home the first night home. This year, completely different. I couldn't wait to get back home so I could collect my thoughts, get some rest, and collect my thoughts some more. Not that it's been a particular stressful semester. I mean, there's the normal issues that occur when you have a lot of idealist Catholics trying to get anything done. Oh, and a lot of designing that stretches my abilities and mental presence to breaking point. I can see why the Post-Moderns said "To hell with this. I'll just design whatever I want." But like most things in life, the easy is rarely the good.

This semester hasn't been easy, but neither has it been bad. It has been challenging, but for those who know me, that's what I like. However, every once in a while, one just wants to take a break. Eat some doughnuts and drink some soothing non-caffeinated beverage (Actually, with the people I hang out with, that wouldn't happen. Caffeine all the Way!)

And it's not like I won't have things to do here. There's always driving for the Fam, writing a paper for the Center for Ethics and Culture Conference at Notre Dame, catch up on reading, sleeping, and eating, as well as catching up with the Sibs. Unfortunately we haven't had our regular SibChat for a while, which will have to be remedied. Oh, and I'm making Dinner in about 5 minutes. All in all, I wanted to come home this time, and I hope that's a sign of maturity. Or maybe I've just become a disillusioned cynical jaded college student.

Ha. Ha.

No comments: