Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Friday, August 13, 2010

Alex O'Donnell and the Forty Cyberthieves


Catholic Teen author Regina Doman has released another book. It is a modern re-telling of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. It involves such awesome things as 1) Catholicism 2) Ninjas and Samurai 3) Computer Hacking 4) a beat up Red Toyota.

I have read all of her other books in the series and while they're not Tolkien, they are quite a read. Specifically Waking Rose and Midnight Dancers , which Regina Doman edited for the stage for our homeschool group.

Alex seems to be one of the better ones. Mostly because it involves Techie-ness and real life drama!

I've only read the first two chapters, but I'm thinking that I approve.

No comments: