Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Friday, June 4, 2010

Smoke on the Mountain

I like to act, in case you were wondering. I haven't really gone without it for the past three years...or more. This summer, it's a play with the Christian Theatre Company called Acacia here in Milwaukee. The play is ok, not a masterpiece or anything. A musical which consists mostly of spirituals accompanied my bluegrass instruments. I play an up and coming Baptist preacher named Dennis. We meet at the "Church in the City" which is an interesting building for numerous reasons. The most interesting feature is a Venetian looking facade. It's kind of depressing inside, and the exterior is this Venetian balcony slapped onto a normal brick building.

It's hard to switch gears so much, which is what I've had to do. Coming home, trying to find work, driving people places (I drove to Chicago for the first time today) and then this play. I've never been an extremely disciplined actor, and my heart isn't really in it, so I'll have to steer pretty constantly to keep on track with it all. Not to mention that I have some pretty major responsibilities around the house. I don't think I'll have time to settle down this summer, do watercoloring, hanging out with friends. We'll see. I'll probably be getting together with Legit, my band, tomorrow.

One wants control, but so often we don't have it. It takes a lot out of you.

But being IN control is even more stressful. when we're in control, we have to worry about things.

Now, about getting a job...

1 comment:

Joel said...

Interesting thoughts, Nate. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you in the play. Hope the rehearsal process is going smoothly!

-Joel