Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The First Day Back/Commencement Weekend/Chicago Daze

I am back home on the shores of the great Lake Michigan. [Self-disclosure]I am beginning to see Milwaukee as either a really boring place or a really fascinating place. Compared to Chicago, its skyline fails, it's public transportation system is a drag and I don't think I've ever had a real adventure here to date. Yesterday was an 11 hour day of coming back to Milwaukee via Chi-town (It was 11 hours because of complications with helping Caramel get to Midway Airport), and it was one of the most intense and fun days I've ever had. It involved two trains, two subway lines, the elevated train, 3 miles of walking with way too much luggage. It resulted in: A visit to the Chi-town Cathedral, an omelet at a cafe that doesn't show up on googlemaps (in fact, in street view, the building is inhabited by a printing place)and an aching back. It was a great adventure, but now I'm home.

That was the second time in a week I'd been to Chicago, the first being for Choir Tour. On that same trip, the Notre Dame Liturgical Choir went to Milwaukee. Connie Jackie and I went to the Rock Bottom cafe on the Milwaukee River. It was great fun. Milwaukee is really a fascinating town with funny Ethiopian restaurants, tons of great churches and it's my home.

Anyway, it's great to be back, even if it means I have to look for a job.

The couple days before this all was Commencement Week at Notre Dame. The speeches at Commencement were great and the last night at ND I watched Avatar with a bunch of friends. All I know is that I can't wait for the school year to start again. I eagerly await August.

But I am so tired. So maybe it's a good thing that there's a summer...

No comments: