Oh Lord, purify me, make me a chalice in which you dwell, offer your sacrifice in me and spread your love through me. Let me shine like gold, adorn me with the jewels of virtue that I may always be open to you. Fill me. Overflow me. Let me be like that most perfect vessel, the Singular Vessel of Devotion, She to whom I cry for protection against the Evil One. I ask this for your glory, for the vessel is nothing without the sustenance inside, the cup nothing unless it is filled. Oh Lord, purify me.

Give me a word, Abba

Monday, April 5, 2010

Holy Week with Lit. Choir

I have spent the last eight days preparing music for the Easter Triduum with the Notre Dame Liturgical Choir. It was fun, stressful, tiring, and fulfilling. On a side note, it also gave glory to God. Oh, wait. That's not the side note. That is THE Note. (I hope it's not a c double sharp...)

The point of the Liturgical Choir, and this was a point made by the late Dr. Gail Walton, former director, is to give glory to God, and to help others and ourselves in worship of God. I know that our music helps people see the beauty of the liturgy and the wonderful gifts of God. I am currently trying to figure out whether it helps me enough for it to be worth it. Or maybe that's not what matters? I know that it is often distracting, but at the same time, it at some times lifts my mind to God in ways that are hard to find elsewhere....

Well, we'll see. There's a lot to go into these decisions.

No comments: